Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
About the PTA…
The PTA gets involved in lots of school activities. However, our main aim is to provide opportunities for parents, carers, children and teachers to socialise and have fun. At the same time we aim to raise money to help pay for extras which make Corsham Primary even better.
We raise money by hosting some wonderful events with the school which include:
- Summer and Christmas Fayres.
- Bedtime stories (where children come back into school at bedtime in their pyjamas for stories with their teachers).
- Teams to run in the Corsham 2km/10km St George’s Day Fun Run.
- Adult socials: quiz nights, themed nights.
- Cake sales.
- Stalls at the Corsham Christmas Lights Switch On.
- Refreshments for Christmas performances.
The money we raised from these events has been put to fantastic use, to fund:
- The minibus, providing a vital link between the two sites and for school trips.
- Play equipment at both sites.
- Reception children to visit Woodland Adventurers for Forest School sessions.
- The development of the woodland area at Broadwood so that it can be used for outdoor learning.
- iPads for use in school and for adult learning.
- Maths equipment for the playground.
- A washing machine for Broadwood.
- Christmas gifts for each class.
How you can get involved…
Getting involved in the PTA is a great way to contribute to the school and a brilliant way of getting to know other parents/carers and making friends. We meet once every half term, for an hour in the evening. Our meetings alternate between Pound Pill and Broadwood. We try to keep them light-hearted (and can often be found in the pub afterwards!).
We are always grateful for any/all help – whether that is through becoming a regular helper or member of the committee, baking us a cake or helping for an hour at an event.
If you are interested in joining the PTA or keeping up to-date with PTA events and information, why not join our Facebook page – Corsham Primary PTA, check out our website - Corsham Primary PTA, email us on email@example.com or contact the school office.
Every year the PTA holds an Annual General Meeting where, as well as evaluating the events of the previous year, we nominate the committee for the following year. Please see below your PTA for 2021/22:
If you are interested in any of the positions above or would like to find out more about what we do, please contact us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook.
PTA Events, Posters & Letters
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Wow! A massive thank you to you all.... from making purchases and joining in with the events the PTA have organised, a whopping £2103.63 has been raised since October 2021!
Please take a look at the attached poster for a breakdown.
Special thanks also goes to all the volunteers. Your time and effort is what helps the PTA succeed (and save on expenses), it is greatly appreciated.
Now for some well deserved rest for all - Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! We look forward to planning more exciting events in 2022.
Please visit our website to find out how to sign up to AmazonSmile and Easyfundraising - 2 easy and free ways to help contribute in the background.
Corsham Primary School PTA
10th December - Elf Helpers needed for Father Christmas Letters - 1pm-3pm (venue T.B.C.)
12th December - Closing date for The Big PTA Raffle.