Pickwick Academy Trust
Pickwick Academy Trust
Chief Executive Officer’s Welcome
Thank you for visiting Corsham Primary School’s web-site, one of Pickwick Academy Trust’s family of schools.
I am hugely proud to be working alongside the Headteachers, Heads of School, Governors, Trustees and staff within the organisation, all of whom are committed to providing the best quality education for the children in our care.
Pickwick Academy Trust brings together eight primary schools: Aloeric Primary; Corsham Primary; Greentrees Primary; Ivy Lane Primary; Ludwell Primary; Pitton CE Primary; Queen’s Crescent and Winterslow CE Primary, whose leaders have the ambition and drive to continue to develop a successful Multi Academy Trust in response to the Government’s White Paper ‘Education Excellence Everywhere’ (March 2016). We believe one of our unique selling points is that we focus exclusively on the unique role of primary education.
While our schools maintain individual character and are firmly embedded within their own local communities; Pickwick Academy Trust has developed a unique approach with a clear understanding of what it means to be part of a larger family of like-minded schools.
Working together brings many benefits for our staff teams and the families we serve. Our schools are guided by the overall Pickwick Academy Trust vision, strategy and mission which clearly sets out the ambition for us all:
- Harness our collective expertise to drive school improvement and realise the best for all children and adults working and learning in our schools;
- Celebrate and communicate the successes in our schools to encourage aspiration and innovation
- Provide support and challenge for each school so that every child meets their full potential
- Recognise and celebrate each school’s uniqueness, and the enduring Christian distinctiveness of our church schools, valuing all members of our Trust family
We believe we will achieve this vision by:
- Personalising learning to match need, recognising that success can look very different for individual children
- Having high expectations that are intrinsic in everything we plan and deliver for the children
- Delivering focused, effective, creative teaching and learning opportunities that are enjoyable
- Providing a strong ethical framework that enables children to make thoughtful, positive choices
- Celebrating and sharing success and achievements
- Creating an environment that suits new and developing ways of learning
- Developing and investing in a highly skilled workforce
- Becoming a centre of excellence in education, pioneering innovative methods of teaching and learning that have a positive impact on achievement
- Collaborating with partners in local and wider communities to ensure collective responsibility for pupils and their families
- Working to guarantee sustainable and long-term economic security for the benefit of our children.
We believe our Trust motto says it all:
“Working together to provide the best schools and outcomes for our children”
If you want to find out more about the Trust or the individual schools, click www.pickwickacademytrust.co.uk. If you are a school seeking to join our Trust, or just want to know more about us, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.